Friday, December 27, 2013

The Intern Chronicles: Preparing to Disembark

Almost exactly 24 hours from now, I will be meeting up with my internship director and getting the keys to my new apartment.

This is currently blowing my mind.

I can hardly believe that I am finally finished with my undergraduate classes and now I finally have the opportunity to provide music therapy services to hospice patients and their families all day, every day.

I am thrilled that I will have the opportunity to intern with Village Hospice out of John Knox Village in Lee's Summit, MO.

I needed to reread that sentence a few times to be sure it was really real.

I'll be keeping a running commentary on my adventures as an MTI (Music Therapy Intern) here so the folks at home can follow along.

I was very fortunate to receive an iPad Air for my birthday/Christmas and I'm busy learning how to upload all my song sheets into On Song, which is the most awesome app for music therapy, hands down. One of my brothers was kind enough to gift a keyboard to me so I can practice in the apartment. There are so many exciting opportunities just around the corner and I can hardly wait for my first day of work, which is January 2nd!

For the moment, though,  I need to go round up a few more instruments and some extra guitar strings because here we go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment